Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Testimonial Tuesday!



At the start of our essential oil journey I have to admit that I was really skeptical about how effective the oils really were and if I could really justify investing in them. It was hard to believe that they would work well enough that we could replace over-the-counter medicine with essential oils. So my dilemma was, how do I use these oils with an open mind and not "will" a result either way. After struggling with this for a little while I noticed something interesting. Our little 9 month old was teething and the only thing I knew to give her to help with the pain at night was Tylenol for infants.  Then I was introduced to Lavender, my wife told me to put it on her feet, back, and also rub it on her gums, so I gave it a try. From the first time I used Lavender on her gums I could tell that she calmed down so much faster than with Tylenol! night after night I would use the Lavender and I was able to get her back to sleep faster and faster ( which in turn got me to bed faster as well). I could see how well the Lavender had worked and it felt good to be able to give my child something that didn't have the side effects like we see in most over the counter products. I also came to the realization that there was no way for me to "will" this to work on my daughter. She either stopped hurting and crying, or didn't. She has no idea what it was that I was giving her, she didn't have an opinion either way. I knew at that time that this essential oil stuff was the real deal and that I needed to give it a fair chance. Our daughter is now 20 months and we have never had to take her to the Doctor for any type of illness, just her regular checkups. We haven't had to fill one prescription for her. We have been able to treat every cold, ear infection, sore tooth, bump, and scrape with the Doterra oils . Seeing how healthy she is, has for sure made me a believer.

 

Cole T.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!
    Do I dilute the lavender when putting it on the gums?

    ReplyDelete